The Atlanta Date Night Mega Guide — Diversify the Dating Game
Ready to spice up your next Atlanta date night with an array of different activities and venues? Look no further, you’re in the right place. Datingforthesoul.com has performed all the heavy lifting for you. Just scroll through our date night directory and plan your next date night with ease!
Discover New Adventures in the City
Activity dates are one of the best ways to bond with your partner. Not only are they fun and hands on, but they also allow couples to learn more about each other and possibly discover new talents.
Sign up for a new cooking class and flatter your date with your cooking skills, or head to Ponce City Market for a fun evening on the roof.
Whatever activity you decide to do, make it fun, lighthearted, and an overall enjoyable experience for both parties involved.
Here’s a list of our suggested activity dates:
- Enjoy a special culinary experience with your favorite person in the comfort of your own home or at a specified location. Cozymeal’s seasoned chefs provide an unforgettable world-class experience at an affordable price.
- Georgia Aquarium
- Take pleasure under the sea with your mate at the nation’s largest aquarium. Explore various aquamarine life in an upscale atmosphere hosted by whale sharks and beluga whales.
- Punch Bowl Social
- There’s never a dull day at Punch Bowl Social. If you’re ready for fun, food, and drinks with a bit of Victorian-era tradition, look no further. Enjoy classic games and good vibes with your date night beau.
- Skyview Atlanta
- Up, up, and away! View the city of Atlanta from nearly 20 stories above and cuddle up with your favorite person under the stars. Kick back and relax in a gondola spacious enough for 6 people.
- Sip N’ Strokes
- Brush the night away with other novice painters while you sip on your favorite glass of wine or alcoholic beverage. Light snacks and other refreshments are also permitted in this cool, imaginative atmosphere.
- The Painted Pin
- Bowl in style at an upscale boutique bar offering a variety of interactive classic games such as Jenga and table shuffleboard, tasty tapas-style menu options, and of course bowling.
- The Roof at Ponce City Market
- Get ready to feel like a kid again at Skyline Park at The Roof at Ponce City Market. Enjoy activities such as basketball, mini golf, skee ball, and break-a-plate with your partner while soaking in breathtaking views of Atlanta and Buckhead.
- Top Golf
- Whether you’re an experienced golf professional or a first-time swinger, Top Golf promises to provide an innovative, interactive experience with the best technology around. Grab your club, secure your stance, and be your own version of Tiger Woods on date night.
- Zoo Atlanta
- Visit the home of Atlanta’s famous Giant Panda exhibition and other unique animals at the Atlanta Zoo in the heart of historical Grant Park.
- Chastain Horse Park
- Grab your boots and saddle up for an equestrian date at the Chastain Horse Park. Take horse riding lessons with a community of trainers passionate about equal opportunities and serving others.
- Serenbe Trail Riding
- Take delight in the beautiful countryside via horseback with your sweetie at Serenbe. Experience lush greens, rolling pastures, friendly horses, and flower fields with skilled staff members guiding the way.
Plan a Spontaneous Experience
If you’re an adventurous couple searching for thrills and excitement, an adrenaline packed date might be the best option for you. Cross off one of your bucket list items with your love and do something daring.
More and more couples are opting to plan adventurous dates as the world becomes increasingly uncertain. As we’ve all witnessed, life can change instantly. So why not take a chance and do something daring you’ve always dreamed of?
Check out the below adrenaline junkie activities for your next Atlanta date night:
- Andretti Indoor Karting
- Take excitement to another level at Andretti Indoor Karting. This family friendly facility offers an array of different activities such as go karting, zip lining, ropes courses, and rock climbing.
- iFly Atlanta
- Float on cloud nine with your companion at iFly Atlanta. Enjoy a simulated skydiving experience in a vertical wind tunnel guided by professional indoor skydive instructors.
- Porsche Experience Center
- If you’re seeking a thrilling experience with your partner and enjoy luxury sports cars, then the Porche Experience Center will be the ultimate thrill-seeking location for you. Take a ride on the 1.6 mile racetrack, tour the display center, or challenge your driving skills in the simulator lab.
- Skydive Atlanta
- Enjoy the ultimate adrenaline packed adventure with Skydive Atlanta located a little over an hour south of Atlanta.
- Skydive Spaceland Atlanta
- Fall to different heights with your love at Skydive Spaceland Atlanta. This facility is one of the world’s biggest skydiving training centers in the world and is family owned.
Chillax at a Local Taproom
Bar dates are super casual, yet classic. Sometimes all that’s need for the evening are smooth tunes and perhaps an alcoholic beverage (or two).
It’s no secret that Atlanta has its fair share of bars. So, scheduling a date night will be rather easy if you decide to go this route. However, we’ve compiled a list of the most popular and highest rated bars in the city.
Check out our list of bar favorites for your next Atlanta date night:
- Six Feet Under
- Atlanta’s infamous Six Feet Under is a popular pub and fish house offering seafood lovers an endless variety of delicious fish platters, rooftop views, and draft beer. Six Feet Under has two convenient locations in the Greater Atlanta area, Grant Park and the Westside.
- The Vortex
- The Vortex is perhaps one of the most well-known burger and bar joints in the city. Enjoy an eclectic, quirky atmosphere with guests who love to have fun. The Vortex has two convenient locations in Little Five Points and Midtown.
- JCT Kitchen and Bar
- Soak up everything local at JCT kitchen and bar known for its hospitality, locally farmed foods, and live music. Choose from a lovely selection of tasty cheeses and country hams that’ll keep you returning for more.
- Barcelona Wine Bar
- Barcelona Wine Bar is a wine lovers dream offering nearly 400 wines for you and your mate to enjoy. In addition, take pleasure in tapas style dishes inspired by Mediterranean, South American, and Spanish flair.
- Suite Food Lounge
- Kick back and enjoy Miami inspired, laid-back vibes at Suite Food Lounge located in the heart of the city. This facility offers three areas for your enjoyment: a main bar, lounge, and a penthouse. Jam to smooth grooves while indulging in southern influenced, American cuisine.
- STATS is the ultimate sports bar destination for sports fans in Atlanta. Watch your favorite sports team with your date in a lively, energetic atmosphere while you sip on your favorite house cocktail, beer, or wine of choice.
- Whiskey Blue
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Atlanta from Whiskey Blue’s indoor/outdoor rooftop venue 125 feet above the city’s skyline. Here you’ll enjoy two outdoor patios and an art mural created by ATL’s own Chris Veal.
- Storico Vino
- Storico Vino is a Venetian style wine bar with roots from the northern coast of Italy. Indulge in the best Italian wines in the region with an authentic Italian dish. Storico Vino also provides a full-service bar on a covered patio year around, providing heat during the cold seasons of the year.
- New Realm Brewing
- If you’re an Eastside Atlanta Beltline Trail fan, New Realm Brewing might be your favorite new place to hang out. This restaurant and brewery offers a beer garden, a wonderful rooftop view, and a barrel room to socialize in. Grab a taste of the New Realm burger or classic wood-fired pizza to complete your next Atlanta date night.
- Battle and Brew (Gamers)
- Battle and Brew is a gamers paradise. If you’re a couple that likes to spend hours and hours playing the latest console, VR, PC, and tabletop games, look no further. You’ve found the perfect destination. Grab a bite to eat, pick up a game controller and get started.
- Bullagastro Bar
- Bullagastro Bar is a Spanish-style tapas restaurant located in the heart of Midtown. Enjoy delicious dishes inspired by Costa Rican chef Diego Solano.
Keep it Simple with Coffee
Coffee dates are a no brainer for coffee lovers. They might even be a weekly date night spot for some couples. However, for those less familiar with the coffee shop scene in Atlanta, we’ve gathered a list of the best Atlanta date night spots to grab a cup of good brew.
Some of the best conversations start with a little java and cream:
- East Pole Coffee
- In 2019, East Pole Coffee was voted as one of the best coffee shops in America by Food and Wine magazine. This achievement speaks for itself. Head over to East Pole Coffee for some of the best coffee options and service in the region.
- Dancing Goats Coffee
- Sip on a cup of freshly brewed coffee at Dancing Goats where you can always expect the best. Their artisan roasters begin roasting your beans the moment you pay for your order providing the highest level of freshness possible.
- Ovation Coffee & Libations
- Located at the High Museum off Peachtree, Ovation Coffee & Libations offers a variety of different coffee, tea, and expresso options. They also offer light menu items such as pastries, salads, sandwiches, and other snacks.
- Perc Coffee
- Perc Coffee is a local coffee shop with origins in Savannah, GA. Their mission is to share “good times and amazing coffee” with everyone they meet.
- Hodgepodge Coffee House & Gallery
- As an antifascist facility, Hodgepodge Coffee House is not only a place for coffee beans. It’s a venue for justice. They proudly support the marginalized communities of America such as women, minorities, LGBTQ, and the disabled. Hodgepodge is also an avid supporter of the artistic community allowing vendors to display their work throughout the building.
- Kula Coffee Co.
- With origins in Rwanda, Kula coffee provides an exceptional coffee experience in the heart of Buckhead at Atlanta Tech Village.
- Moonbird Coffee
- Satisfy all your coffee cravings at Moonbird Coffee off Peachtree Rd. Grab a tasty breakfast burrito or light pastry to complement your yummy cup of splendidness.
- Cafe Lucia
- Enjoy one-of-a-kind Dutch cold brew coffee brewed for 24 hours via a filter made of paper, stone, and glass at Cafe Lucia. This unique brewing process produces a low acidity product that’ll prove to be satisfying for your palate.
- Chattahoochee Coffee
- Sit back and relax with your date on the river at The Chattahoochee Coffee Company where good quality coffee is a top priority. Visit any of their 3 locations in the Greater Atlanta area.
Indulge in Sweets at a Dessert Shop
Skip dinner altogether and head straight for the sweets. A date night at a dessert shop always makes things sweeter, and Atlanta has a huge selection of sugary spots to choose from. So much so, you could visit a different dessert shop every day of the week and experience something totally different.
Whether it’s ice cream, cookies, or another splendid treat you’re craving, there’s something for everybody.
Check out our favorite sweet spots for your next Atlanta date night below:
- Sweet Stack Creamery
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at Sweet Stack Creamery located conveniently off Piedmont Ave. in downtown Atlanta. This sweet escape offers a dessert bar filled with traditional and rare flavored ice cream stacked between a giant cookie or donut of choice.
- Sugar Shane’s
- Stop by Sugar Shane’s luxury cookie joint for the best jumbo cookies in town. Indulge in layers and layers of yummy goodness with your honey while you share moments of laughter and sweet times.
- The Yard Milkshake Bar
- Enjoy an endless selection of specialty milkshakes at The Yard Milkshake Bar. As featured on Shark Tank, The Yard provides dessert lovers with a little piece of heaven in a mason jar. Cups, cones, and edible cookie dough are also available for satisfying your sweet tooth.
- Say Cheese Gourmet Cheesecakes
- Say Cheese Cheesecake Company is a cheesecake lover’s dream. With over 20 unique flavors to choose from, including traditional strawberry, golden oreo, salted caramel, and sweet potato pie flavors, this place will not disappoint you.
- Sweet Hut Bakery and Cafe
- Not only does Sweet Hut Bakery offer a delicious menu of baked goods, they also offer a succulent selection of burgers, paninis, hot sandwiches, and cold sandwiches. The best of both worlds.
- Sweet Cheats
- A little cheating never hurts anybody … with food that is! Sweet Cheats Atlanta takes the definition of “Cheat Day” to another level. From brownies to cupcakes, to cruffles and cookies, this place has it all.
- Piece of Cake
- Piece of Cake offers homemade style cakes from scratch with all natural ingredients. With nine convenient locations around the city, a delectable slice of cake is never far away.
- Sovereign Sweets
- Enjoy the best of both worlds at Sovereign Sweets. This venue offers a variety of house cocktails and other alcoholic beverages along with your favorite dessert dishes. No minors are allowed. Hookah smokers will also appreciate this modern, posh version of a traditional dessert shop.
Plan a Budget Friendly Fast-Food Date
Fast food dates are certainly underestimated. Good dates don’t always require spending tons of money. Sometimes the cheap route is the best choice for the evening. A little burger and fries may be all a couple needs to set the mood off right. And perhaps ketchup, of course.
Here are our recommended fast-food spots for your next Atlanta date night:
- The Varsity
- If you’ve ever taken a ride down the I-75/85 connector, you’ve seen the giant luminous letter V gracing the city’s skyline. The Varsity is a world-famous food drive-in featuring the best burgers, hot dogs, and onion rings in town.
- Shake Shack
- If burgers and fries are your jam, the Shake Shack will not disappoint. Chow down on the juiciest, mouthwatering beef in town. Grilled cheese, chicken, and vegetarian options are also available.
- Stop by the Krog Street Market for a taste of middle eastern cuisine that’ll surely leave your tastebuds yearning for more. Popular menu items include their falafel, shawarma, kebabs, and fresh, seasonal salatim (salads).
- Delia’s Chicken Sausage Stand
- Delia’s Chicken Sausage Stand prepares hand-deboned chicken sausage from scratch with the best quality ingredients around. Their sausages are all natural with no preservatives or hormones added. Vegetarian options are also available.
- Panbury’s Double Crust Pies
- If you’re searching for something uncommon, tasty, and unique, Panbury’s Double Crust Pies offers a delectable taste of South African, Australian, and British tradition in the form of pies. Inspired by cultures around the world, Panbury’s delivers some of the most flavorful pies you’ll ever have the pleasure of eating.
Burn Calories Together at the Gym
Fitness junkies and gym rats may find pleasure in burning calories rather than eating them. If you’re a fit couple or a couple aiming to get in better shape together, an evening at the gym may be the route to go. Schedule a drop-in fitness class at a local gym or visit each other’s gyms as a guest. Most gyms allow members to bring guests or at least pay for a day pass.
Check out these popular fitness and wellness gym for your next Atlanta date night:
- The Refinery
- The Refinery is the perfect place for active couples to stay in shape without sacrificing quality time with their significant others. As a boutique fitness gym, The Refinery offers luxury club like amenities, the latest training equipment, and even offers a chiropractic wellness spa.
- Vibe Ride
- Spin class will never be the same after one experience with Vibe Ride. With upbeat instructors and all-around positive vibes, you’ll love sharing this experience with your partner. Barre and pound classes are also available.
- Burn Studios
- Burn Studios lives up to its name by offering classes guaranteed to provide you and your beau the maximum amount of calorie burn. This fitness gym offers a variety of different workout groups including boxing, spin class, yoga, and strength training, just to name a few.
- Effect Fitness
- Get ready to sweat like you’ve never sweated before at Effect Fitness. Offering individual, group, and class style training, this fitness gym promises to deliver results if you stay the course, one brick at a time.
- The Wellness Spot
- The Wellness Spot is an all-inclusive facility located on Atlanta’s southside providing the latest trends in fitness such as power yoga and barre, as well as an all-service spa. Revitalize your mind and body in an environment filled with Zen energy and smooth vibrations.
- Cyc Mode
- Cycmode is an innovative fitness studio where members can participate in-person or virtually in group sessions with instructors ready to bring the pain. This intense fitness gym specializes in HIIT, boxing, and cycling classes with bikes that actually move.
- Pure Barre
- Pure Barre is a perhaps one of the most well-known barre gyms in the nation. Drop in for a class (or two) for one of the best low impact, high intensity workouts you’ll ever receive.
Plan a Romantic Horse & Carriage Ride
Invite a little romance into your evening and schedule a horse and carriage date in downtown Atlanta. It’s the perfect choice for couples desiring a rekindling in their relationship. Snuggle up and enjoy warm cuddles with the person you care about most.
Enjoy any of these three carriage companies on your next romantic Atlanta date night:
- Nottingham Shire & Carriage
- As the oldest carriage service in Atlanta, Nottingham Shire & Carriage knows exactly what it takes to make a romantic ride through the city memorable. Tour the streets in a Cinderella themed wagon with your sweetie while you cuddle under the stars.
- Fantasy Carriages
- Schedule a fantastic voyage with Fantasy Carriages conveniently located in the core of the city. Briefs tours of the city are also available with advance notice.
- AJ Carriage and Livery
- AJ Carriage and Livery is a diverse horse and carriage service capable of providing riders with a variety of different experiences. While romantic rides are a popular request, they also provide pleasurable musical experiences while riders enjoy a glass of wine.
Venture Off to the Nearest Lake
A day at the lake might be the perfect escape from city life for you and your beau. Though it technically isn’t a date night activity, it’s still a great way to spend quality time with the person you care about. The possibilities are endless. Spend time on the water with a fun water-based activity or pack a picnic basket and lounge lakeside. Whatever you decide to do, it’ll be a good time.
Here’s a list of lakes in the greater Atlanta area and beyond:
- Lanier Islands
- Ditch the city and head north to Lake Lanier. This beautiful group of islands provides visitors with an unforgettable experience of “lake life” with countless amenities, water activities, white sandy beaches, and great food. Additionally, if you’re looking for more fun in the sun, The Water Park at Margaritaville is equipped with water slides, zip lining, and various other activities.
- Lake Allatoona
- If you’re looking for a quiet, sophisticated lake destination, Lake Allatoona is the spot for you. Tour famous civil war battlegrounds or stroll the world-famous Gibbs Gardens where natural beauty graces the lush landscapes.
- Lake Chatuge
- Travel to the North Georgia Mountains for a day in paradise. Lake Chatuge is the ultimate lake destination. From horseback riding to boating, to fishing and golfing, this place has it all. Schedule an appointment at the spa after you visit the serene waterfalls or wander the botanical gardens while you sip on a glass of wine from the winery.
- Lake Hartwell
- Venture off to Lake Hartwell for a fun fishing date near the Georgia/South Carolina border. Lake Hartwell is home to various species of fish including catfish, bream, and walleye. Perhaps the most well-known fish for the region is the striped bass often weighing more than 60 lbs.
- Sweetwater Creek
- Movie buffs and nature enthusiasts alike will love the Sweetwater Creek Reservoir located in Lithia Springs, GA. Tour scenes from The Hunger Games and Killing Season while you explore beautiful waterfalls, babbling brooks, and hiking trails.
Visit a New Local Cinema
Movie dates will never go out of style. It’s a classic date night fave. However, movie theaters have advanced tremendously over the years for an enhanced viewer experience. Many locations serve full meals and provide relaxing lounge chairs for moviegoers to watch films with maximum comfort. Additionally, some theaters offer an amplified view with IMAX, 4DX, and other premium features.
Here are a few movie theaters in the greater Atlanta area we recommend:
- Regal Atlantic Station
- Atlantic Station is perhaps one of the most well-known neighborhoods in town. Visit Regal Cinemas for a memorable movie night with your honey with IMAX, 4DX, RPX, and Screen X viewing options.
- Cine Bistro
- Skip the restaurant scene altogether and catch the latest movies while you chow down on a tasty dish at Cine Bistro. Experience a modern twist of movie watching that’ll bring a level of comfort you didn’t know existed.
- IPIC Theaters
- Dine in the dark with IPIC theaters located in Colony Square. Enjoy chef inspired meals, signature craft cocktails, or your wine of choice from your own private pod.
- The Springs Cinema & Taphouse
- Enjoy a luxurious cinematic experience at The Springs Cinema & Taphouse. Lounge in heated, luxury recliners while you catch the latest flicks in ultimate comfort. This theater uniquely premieres independent films, retro Hollywood classics, and foreign films for your viewing pleasure.
- Studio Movie Grill
- Studio Move Grill provides a state-of-the-art movie viewing experience with plush seating and food you can order from the push of a button.
- Landmark Midtown Art Cinema
- Landmark Theaters is the nation’s largest theater service committed to supporting independent and documentary filmmakers, and foreign films.
Plan a Museum Date Night
If you’re an inquisitive couple seeking to learn new things or expand cultural awareness, a night at the museum might be the best Atlanta date night option for you. Spend an evening strolling the halls of history or admiring the artwork of various artists. Soak up the enchantment.
Schedule your next Atlanta date night at one of these popular local museums:
- High Museum of Art
- Visit the High Museum with your date and view beautiful pieces of art with African, European, American, and Folk influences. Photography and modern/contemporary art additionally grace the display floors of one of the nation’s most culturally diverse depositories.
- Van Gogh Exhibition
- The Van Gogh Exhibition is a 360-degree experience with 2-story projections displaying the artists most popular paintings with stunning light and sounds effects.
- Fernbank Museum
- The Fernbank Natural History Museum houses some of the world’s largest dinosaur displays and movie screens in the region. Walk through a time portal revealing Georgia’s own natural history, as well as other state-of-the-art exhibitions such as Conveyed in Clay and Giants of the Mesozoic.
- Trap Music Museum
- The Trap Music Museum is an interactive experience allowing visitors to explore one of the most popular genres of hip hop music, trap music. Enjoy a tour of the facility while sipping on champagne or reserve a spot at the Escape the Trap “Escape Room.”
- World of Coca Cola
- The World of Coca Cola at Pemberton Place celebrates the history of one of the most well-known beverage brands. Tour the grounds, receive inside scoop on manufacturing, and taste different flavors of coke from all around the world.
- National Center for Civil & Human Rights
- Visit the National Center for Civil & Human Rights and catch a brief glimpse of the history of the United States Civil Rights Movement. This Museum also highlights other injustices and other battles for freedom across the globe.
- College Football Hall of Fame
- Explore the rich history of college football with your sweetie at the College Football Hall of Fame. Tour the timeline of the sport through various exhibition halls and participate in interactive simulated learning activities all while having fun.
- Millennium Gate Museum Atlanta
- The Millenium Gate Museum is home to the 100-foot-tall, monumental gate that rests in a park like setting at the edge of Atlantic Station. It holds a variety of priceless Georgia artifacts and is notably the most comprehensive museum of Georgia history in the state.
- Experience a little piece of confectionery heaven at Candytopia. If you’ve ever wanted to tour Charlie’s infamous Chocolate Factory, Candytopia will be the perfect compromise. Return to your childhood candy-loving roots with this fun, delightful adventure.
Stroll a Beautiful Park
A walk in the park never gets old. Furthermore, they’ve grown in popularity in recent years from the increased desire to socially distance. Aside from being health conscious, couples desiring a date in the park can also choose to spend time working out, meditating, or just simply enjoying each other’s company.
Check out these local parks for your next outing with your honey:
- Piedmont Park
- Piedmont Park is perhaps the most well-known public green space in Atlanta. Stroll along the park’s many trailways and people watch or sit down on a bench and have a philosophical conversation about life.
- Centennial Olympic Park
- Atlanta is home for the 1996 Summer Olympic Games. Centennial Park, located in the heart of downtown, is a permanent marker and reminder of this momentous time in history.
- Lullwater Park
- Located on the campus of Emory University, Lullwater Park is a common meeting place for exercise enthusiasts and avid runners. Explore scenic paths along the Lullwater trail, including a 1920s powerhouse, lake, and spillway cascading waters.
- Grant Park
- Grant park houses some of the most beautiful historic homes in the region. The park itself is the oldest city park in Atlanta. Take a peaceful walk with your beau along this beautiful green space and soak up the pleasurable ambiance of nature.
- Historic Fourth Ward Park
- The Historic Fourth Ward Park is the city’s first major park situated along The Atlanta Beltline. The park features the beautiful stormwater detention pond (Clear Creek Basin), a skate park, a splash pad, and walking trails.
- Woodruff Park
- Nestled between city buildings and busy traffic-filled streets, Woodruff Park provides city goers with a brief break from the hustle and bustle of city life. Meet up with your cutie pie for a quick day date or brief nature stop before happy hour.
- Westside Park
- Westside Park is Atlanta’s largest and newest greenspace. Enjoy endless walking trails and beautiful scenery along the Bellwood Quarry Reservoir with breathtaking views of the city’s skyline.
Chow Down on a Pizza Date
Who doesn’t love a delicious slice of pizza? Believe it or not, Atlanta has a variety of non-mainstream pizza joints that’ll win you over for life. Plan your next Atlanta date night at one of our recommended pizza spots and start the night off right. You won’t regret it.
Sample a taste of pizza heaven at one of these locations:
- Mellow Mushroom
- Mellow Mushroom is an ATL favorite. Enjoy stone baked pizza with delicious, flavorful toppings and slow melted cheese in a friendly, fancy, art-filled environment.
- Max’s Coal Oven Pizzeria
- Enjoy a little taste of New York at Max’s Coal Oven Pizzeria. Housing the only coal burning oven in the state, this local pizza shop will leave your mouth yearning for more and more.
- Antico Pizza Napoletana
- Experience true Italian flavor and flair at Antico Pizza Napoletana. Their original pies and dishes will make you a true believer in their authentic Italian recipes.
- Fellini’s Pizza
- Head over to Fellini’s Pizza at any of their seven convenient locations across the city. Enjoy their endless selection of pies, calzones, and salads. Vegetarian options are also available.
- Slim & Husky’s
- Slim and Husky’s is perhaps one of the most creative pizza joints you’ll ever visit. All of their original pizzas are inspired by songs or musical artists and have a flavor bold enough to knock your socks off. Additionally, you’ll also have the option to remix it and build your own pizza.
- Located in historical Sandy Springs, Baraonda’s is well known for more than just their tasty handmade artisanal pizza. They also serve an endless selection of handmade artisanal pasta, salads, and other house specialties.
- California Pizza Kitchen
- California Pizza Kitchen is as good as it gets on the pizza scene. As a national favorite, CPK promises to deliver the most innovative, palatable pizza around.
- Blue Moon Pizza
- Blue Moon Pizza assures its customers will be delivered quality baked pizza with flavor guaranteed to be mouthwatering. Their dough is made fresh daily along with their special pizza sauce with plum tomatoes mixed just right.
Reserve a Table for Dinner
Restaurant dates are the number one date scheduled by matchmakers. Why, might you ask? The answer is easy. Restaurants specialize in pleasuring customers and provide a comfortable environment perfect for easing first date jitters. They also typically take reservations, which makes planning easier.
Here’s our list of our favorite restaurants, Atlanta date night approved:
- The Sun Dial Restaurant
- Resting in the clouds of the city’s skyline is the legendary Sun Dial Restaurant. As the tallest hotel in the southeast standing at 723 ft, the Sundial displays magnificent views of Atlanta’s skyline. Visit cloud nine with your honey with style and elegance.
- White Oak Kitchen and Cocktails
- Fall in love with repurposed oak and the color white like it’s the first time. Dine in Southern sophistication with menu items inspired by the rich, diverse culture of the region.
- If seafood is your jam, then BeetleCat is the date night spot for you. Located in the historic Inman Park, this sea house serves up delicious fresh oysters, clams, and a variety of other tasty marine menu items.
- STK is a steak lover’s dream. Relish in blissful, succulent cuts of steak with side items that’ll leave you speechless. STK also conveniently serves other luscious meat options such as their infamous free-range chicken, lobster linguine, and roasted lamb rack.
- Soak up all the midtown city feels at 5Church Atlanta located at Colony Square. Enjoy an upbeat night out with your beau on the rooftop lounge or indoors in one of their modern, sleek designed social spaces.
- Catch 12
- Situated on the ground floor of Twelve Hotel, Catch 12 offers a grand selection of food ranging from steak to seafood dishes. Enjoy good conversation over a classic craft cocktail or visit earlier in the day for their scrumptious weekend brunch menu.
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie
- Satisfy all your sugar cravings and more at the Sugar Factory American Brasserie. Famous for their rich desserts, floor to floor candy wall, and celebrity endorsed couture pops, this world renown candy land is guaranteed to please your sweet tooth.
- AG Modern Bar & Steakhouse
- AG Modern Bar & Steakhouse lives up to every expectation the name provides. The atmosphere is contemporary and posh, and the cuisine consists of savory grilled steaks, seafood and signature craft cocktails.
- Park Tavern
- As the first and oldest Brewpub in Atlanta, Park Tavern produces some of the finest, most refreshing alcoholic drinks in town.
- The Oceanaire
- Grab a taste of exceptionally wonderful seafood at The Oceanaire Seafood Room in Midtown Atlanta. With freshly flown in menu items daily, you’ll never miss out on the fresh taste of seafood gathered straight from the ocean.
- CUTS Steakhouse
- Satiate your bellies at CUTS Steakhouse known for their succulent steaks, short ribs, and other delicious menu items. CUTS is conveniently located in the center of the dining district downtown.
- Truva Virginia Highlands
- Experience the finest Mediterranean cuisine at Truva Turkish Kitchen. From lamb chops to falafel, to chicken kebabs and hummus, your palate will truly enjoy the authentic taste of Mediterranean flavor.
- Ecco is a modern European cuisine establishment specializing in striking flavor, traditional old world style dishes, and fine dining. Enjoy a taste of their award-winning wood oven flat breads, handmade pastas, and other appetizing dishes.
- Visit Southern Italy without ever leaving the city. Grana offers an Italian experience like no other with amazing wood-fired pies, pastas from scratch, and an assortment of other authentic Italian dishes.
- Experience extraordinary fine dining at one of the most upscale Italian restaurants in Buckhead. Executive chef Piero Premoli brings his talents and love for authentic Milanese cuisine straight to your plate.
- Under the Cork Tree
- Under the Cork Tree is a Northern Mediterranean inspired restaurant with an indoor and outdoor dining area and tapas lounge. Enjoy classic dishes with fresh ingredients, authentic flavor, and culinary expertise.
- Buena Vida Tapas & Sol
- Buena Vida Tapas & Sol is a Spanish-style tapas restaurant located on the Atlanta beltline in the Old Fourth Ward district. Satisfy your cravings for authentic Spanish cuisine at this new, unique, retro-style restaurant.
- Allora is an Italian restaurant located at Twelve Hotel in Midtown Atlanta commemorating traditional Italian flavors with a modern twist.
- Gypsy Kitchen ATL
- Gypsy Kitchen ATL is a place for restaurant-goers to gather and appreciate the blended tastes of Moroccan flavor and Indian cuisine. This eclectic location also combines modern day Spanish flair to their delectable hodgepodge of dishes.
- Fogo De Chao
- Fogo De Chao is a Brazilian Steakhouse specializing in Churrascarian cuisine delivered straight to your plate from an oversized skewer. This award-winning restaurant additionally serves seafood, small plates, wines and cocktails.
- Tin Lizzy’s Cantina
- Tin Lizzy’s Cantina is a non-traditional taqueria offering a twist to conventional tacos. Popular menu items include tacos stuffed with Korean barbecue, philly cheesesteak, buttermilk fried chicken, or grilled mahi-mahi.
- McCray’s Tavern
- McCray’s Tavern is a first-class American Tavern devoted to delivering exceptional service and good food. Enjoy classic American dishes from the grill and an assortment of other classic plates.
- RA Sushi Bar Restaurant
- Scurry over to RA Sushi Bar for Japanese inspired cuisine, craft cocktails, and an environment filled with high energy and smiles. Sushi lovers will not be disappointed with this little taste of Tokyo in the South.
- 10th & Piedmont
- If you’re looking for the perfect brunch date spot, look no further. 10th & Piedmont offers a delicious, southern inspired menu guaranteed to satisfy the palate of any restaurant connoisseur.
Soak Up the Ambiance of the City
The Atlanta skyline is one of the most treasured attractions of the city. Plan your next Atlanta date night under the stars at one of the city’s rooftop venues and take your love to new heights.
Here are five rooftop locations you’ll want to visit:
- Sky Lounge
- Visit the Sky Lounge at the Glenn Hotel for breathtaking, mesmerizing views of the city all year around. Their enclosed rooftop space is weatherproof against the elements and allows guests to fully enjoy the ambiance of the city without sacrificing comfort.
- Estrella is a Mexican inspired rooftop destination offering tapas style Latin American cuisine with the best margaritas in town. Enjoy smooth Latin tunes in a casual date night spot with a great view of the city.
- High Note Rooftop Bar
- The High Note Rooftop Bar is an elegant sky-high haven destined to impress guests with spectacular views and an all-around unforgettable experience. This rooftop Atlanta date night spot delivers everything it’s supposed to with great food, great drinks, and exceptional service.
- Nine Mile Station
- Nine Mile Station at The Roof at Ponce City Market is an outdoor/indoor rooftop top space offering light and casual cuisine with spectacular views of Atlanta and Buckhead nearby.
- The Rooftop
- The Rooftop at Hotel Clermont successfully provides guests with the best of both worlds: the feeling of backyard vibes at home and a city skyline views worth bragging about.
Tour the Town as a Tourist
Luckily, Atlanta is a town full of just about everything one can think of. From popular cable network stations to famous civil rights leaders, the city has it all. Whether you’re a newbie or a long-time resident, signing up for a tour will teach you facts about the city previously unknown.
Here are a few tours we highly recommend:
- CNN Studio Tours
- Atlanta is home to one of the world’s most well-known news networks, CNN. Studio tours allow visitors to receive an inside look at newsrooms and anchors of CNN, HLN, and other related networks. Demonstrations of certain technologies are also available.
- The Peachtree Trolley
- The Peachtree Trolley Company escorts guests on a tour throughout the city in a traditional style trolley with bench seating. Snuggle up with your beau and enjoy viewing historical sites of Atlanta in style.
- ATL Cruzers Electric Car & Segway Tours
- Travel along the streets of Atlanta on a self-balancing personal transporter known as the Segway. You’ll be able to tour the city in a fun, yet safe manner while viewing historical neighborhoods, local hotspots, and other popular scenery.
- Atlanta Sightseeing Bus Tours
- Atlanta Sightseeing Bus Tours is a 5-hour journey through the downtown Atlanta and Buckhead, GA. This tour includes brief stops at Civil War Battleground Sites, The Beltline, Buckhead Mansion, and The Swan House (featured on the Hunger Games).
- The King Center Tour
- Travel back in time with The King Center Tour and learn more about the history of civil rights icon Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The King Center is home to Dr. King and his wife Mrs. Coretta Scott King’s resting places. Other tours available include Dr. King’s birth home on Auburn Ave, the Freedom Hall, the Eternal Flame, and the historic Ebenezer Baptist Church.
- Roundabout Atlanta Tours
- Roundabout Atlanta Tours offers a variety of different touring and transportation options throughout the entire region. Whether it’s a tour of the night lights of the city, Stone Mountain, or a shopping tour, this all-inclusive tour excursion service is the complete package.
- Unexpected Atlanta Tours & Stories
- Ditch the vehicle and take a walking tour with Unexpected Walking Tours & Stories. You’ll receive the inside scoop of the city’s history from Atlanta natives and city experts who are beyond passionate about what they do. Expeditions offered include tours of the historical Grant Park (food), and a Martin Luther King Jr. Atlanta history tour.
- Food Tours Atlanta
- If you’re a self-proclaimed foodie, you’ll love Food Tours Atlanta. Browse some of Atlanta’s most popular locally owned eating spots while viewing famous art murals and history of the region.
- DTours is perhaps one of the most comprehensive tours the city has to offer. They offer everything from tours of The Margaret Mitchell House from Gone with the Wind to tours of popular filming locations of the AMC’s The Walking Dead. If you’re looking for a tour that’s unique and all-encompassing, book a tour with DTours. You won’t be disappointed.
Well, that’s it! Hopefully you’ve seen at least one thing on this list to assist with planning your next Atlanta date night. Switching up your normal routine may be very beneficial and adds variety to any relationship. Happy date planning!
Also, if you’re single and ready to mingle, join the free singles database with our preferred matchmaking agency here!
You might also like: